Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tall in a Grande Cup


Several mornings a week I haul my butt out of bed while the rest of the house sleeps and run with a friend. It never gets any easier, the getting up part. 

We run and talk, bleary-eyed and cold. And then we stop on our way home for the prize.

Right now my seasonal choice is a steaming cup of Christmas blend, tall in a grande cup, with plenty of room for cream. 

The folks behind the counter know us and know our drinks and I just love that.

It's not a frugal reward but I rationalize that it's cheaper than a gym membership and it's a small price to pay for sanity in my opinion.

The running, the coffee, the conversational therapy...they are sweet, anticipated gifts that make even the hardest days a bit more bearable. 

...............................

Linked up with Tuesdays Unwrapped: Winter 2011 Edition. Unwrap with us?

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! I'm sitting with my cup of black coffee but now craving something with a bit "more." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tall in a grande cup. I LIKE that picture, Scooper. To be honest, I think most of my life lately has consisted of trying to cram a grande into a tall cup, and then taking the opportunity to complain that there's no room for cream.

    You are gifted at creating word pictures. Don't stop painting, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running is so much cheaper than therapy!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin